Join the team at Indiana Caverns leading interpretive tours that are safe, fun, educational, and guest-focused. Share with guests the story of the cave, its formation, growth, discovery, development, animal life, and past inhabitants (peccary, bison, bear, fisher, and other Ice Age bones).
Positions: 7- 10
Age Requirement: 17 and older
Pay Rate: Based on Experience
Successful candidates will be friendly, enthusiastic, articulate, responsible, safety-conscious, good work ethic, and be team players. Must have reliable transportation. Age 17 and older.
- Provide safe, educational, entertaining tours that provide guests with accurate and current, science-based facts related to geology, biology, ecology, and history
- Complete required training program
- Provide awesome customer service whether working in the cave on any type of tour, in the Welcome Center, Bat Chaser, gem mining, etc.
- Assist visitors as needed, wherever in a friendly and courteous manner
- Assist staff with administrative tasks, maintenance, and upkeep of all facilities on the property
- Available daily including holidays and weekends for the entire season
- Interest in nature, the environment, and caves
- Clean record
- Ability to learn by reading and by observing.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to grow and learn
- Communication skills are adaptable to an informal environment with people of all ages and backgrounds. Able to work with large groups of people of varied backgrounds and interests
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Able to walk and climb stairs in the cave up to 6 times per day, stand for extended periods, and lift boxes
- Valuable work experience, job reviews, and promotions
- Once in a life-time experience
- Free entry to other local attractions
- Staff events: caving, fossil hunts, campfires, and parties
- Gain personal life skills not achieved in many other entry-level positions