The job involves maintenance both on the surface of a 32-acre park and underground in the cave. Maintenance duties will include cutting grass on zero radius mower, push mowing, trimming with weed-eater. Other typical maintenance duties may include replacing light bulbs underground, troubleshooting maintenance issues both above and below ground. Small building projects, eradicating weeds, shoveling, digging, using a chainsaw, climbing on ladders, and any other maintenance issue that may crop up in a 32-acre park with multiple buildings.
Age Requirement: 18+
Pay Rate: Based on Experience
The job also includes taking tours as needed around maintenance duties (especially during off-season). This involved leading groups of up to 20 visitors on an over one-hour long tour of the cavern. The applicant will receive one week of training before taking tours. Tour guides are required to drive a boat powered by a trolling motor as part of each tour. Leading cave exploring trips may be a future option if the applicant has an interest. The ideal applicant will be seeking either full-time work or part-time work (at least 3-4 days per week availability required) as needed by Indiana Caverns. The position entails a flexible work schedule but must be willing to work up to five days in any given week as required. It will require some weekend work. A full-time year-round position may be possible for the right applicant.
- High School Diploma
- Good physical condition/endurance
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Flexibility- Job includes a variety of different working conditions
- Good mechanical aptitude – experience with landscaping, electric, carpentry a plus
- Desire and ability to work with public
- Willingness to learn how to communicate with visitors and lead tour groups
- Ability to speak articulately and clearly
- Friendly outgoing personality a plus
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to take directions and execute them with minimal oversight
- Ability to work outside in heat, cold and underground as needed
This position is at Indiana Caverns Family Adventure Park 2 miles south of Corydon. Open 363 days per year. The selected applicant will be working in a small business atmosphere at a place where people go to have fun and make great family memories. The selected applicant will enhance the image of the property and share the cave while guiding their trip through the cave.